Creative Multipurpose WordPress Theme
First of all, thank you so much for used SPACEPRESS theme. Welcome to the SPACEPRESS User Guide. The User Guide covers all the information needed to use the SPACEPRESS theme to build an amazing website, as well as some helpful tips and tricks that will make your experience working with the SPACEPRESS theme easier and more enjoyable.
In this first section We will explain how to install the theme, import the included demo content, as well as how to update the theme.
After downloading the Spacepress installation file from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the spacepress.zip file. You can then install the Spacepress theme using one of the two following installation methods:
- WordPress upload
For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the Spacepress theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- 1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- 2. Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- 3. Click on Choose File and select spacepress.zip
- 4. Click on Install Now
- FTP upload
If you would like to install the Spacepress theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- 1. Extract the spacepress.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named spacepress
- 2. Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- 3. Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website's root directory
- 4. Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted spacepress folder to the themes directory on your remote server
Once the installation is complete, just activate it and the theme is ready to use.
You should see a notification at the top of the screen that required plugins need to be installed. Please install and activate all of those plugins, since they are necessary for the theme to function properly.
Importing Demo Content
With the Spacepress theme, you have the option to either start creating your site from scratch, or choosing to import one of the included demo sites to use as a starting point, and then modifying it to suit your needs. In this section we will explain how to do the latter.
If you plan to use an online shop with Spacepress, please install and activate WooCommerce plugin before installing the demo content.
If you plan on using contact forms on your website, you should instal the Contact Form 7 plugin before importing the demo content.
Imports pages, content, widgets, and settings. We recommend this for users who would like to import a demo site exactly as it appears on our live demo.
Spacepress comes with a one-click import. To import the demo content please follow these steps:
- 1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- 2. Navigate to Spacepress Options > Demo Importer
- 3. Click on the Import button and wait for the import process to finish.
You can start building your site. In this section of the User Guide we will explain how you can set up your header, upload your logo, create your menu, set up your footer area, customize the general look and feel of your website, and create your first pages.
Setting Up the Header
To set up your header, navigate to Spacepress Options > Header from your WordPress admin panel. The settings you define here will be the default settings for all pages on your site.
Uploading Your Logo
To add your logo to the header, navigate to Spacepress Options > Header from your WordPress admin panel and click the upload button next to the Logo Default field. After you upload your image and save the options.
To create a new menu, navigate to Appearance > Menus from your WordPress admin panel and click on Create a new menu. Enter a name for your new menu and then click Create Menu.
Every page that you have created will be listed in the section on the right. Simply click the pages that you would like to add to your menu and they will be added. Once you have added pages to your menu, you can click and drag the menu items to rearrange them, or nest them one underneath the other.
In the Menu Locations section (which is located underneath the Menu Structure section), check the checkbox next to Navigation Menu. This will activate the menu you have just created, and you should now see a functional menu in your header.
To set up your footer, navigate to Spacepress Options > Footer from your WordPress admin panel. The settings you define here will be the default settings for all pages on your site .
Content is added to your footer via widgets. Navigate to Appearance > Widgets from your WordPress admin panel. On the right side of your page you will see the widget areas for your footer. The widget areas for the top footer are named Footer Column 1, Footer Column 2, Footer Column 3, and Footer Column 4. On the left side of the Widgets page you will see the available widgets. To add a widget to one of the Footer widget areas, simply drag the desired widget to one of the Footer Column widget areas on the right.
General Look and Feel
Now let’s set up the general look and feel of your site. If you have imported a demo site and would like to keep its general look and feel, then you do not need to do anything else. Otherwise, go to Spacepress Options > General and in the Font Family field set a default font family for your site. Next, in the First Main Color field set a default main color for your site.
Having set up the basic elements for your site, you’re ready to start building your pages.
To create a new page, navigate to Pages > Add New using your WordPress Dashboard. In the text field near the top of the screen enter a title for your page. After you have added a title, and locate the Page Attributes section on the right side of the screen.
In the right section of your screen you will find the page settings. Any settings that you define here will override the global settings set in Customizer.
Finally, click the Publish button in the upper right section of the page. (If you made some changes on an already published page, you will see an Update button instead).
In this section of the User Guide we will discuss the creation of blog posts and all the available options for each post, setting up pages to display blog listings, as well as how to change the date format for your posts.
To create a new blog post, go to Posts > Add New from your WordPress Dashboard. First, you need to enter a title for your blog post in the text field near the top of the screen. Then choose a format or layout for your blog post.
- Blog Post Formats
Let's take a look at the available blog post formats:
Default - This is the default blog format, select this option if you would like apply the default format .
Youtube - Vimeo - You can enter link videos from YouTube or Vimeo .
Video self host - If you decide to self-host your video files, you need to upload the video files via the Media section, and then enter the path to your video files into corresponding fields.
We recommend uploading videos in all three formats (WEBM, MP4, and OGV) in order to ensure compatibility with all modern browsers.
Audio Soundcloud - You can enter link audio from Soundcloud.
Audio self host - You can enter the path to an audio file you have previously uploaded to the Media Library.
Link - You can enter the title and full URL of the page you would like to link to.
Quote - You can enter the author name and quote you would like to display.
Featured Image - In order for it to work, you need to add featured image.
- Blog Post Formats
Let's take a look at the available blog post Layout:
Default - Select this option if you would like to apply the default blog layout which was set via Spacepress Options > Single Blog
No Sidebar - select this option to display single blog layout full screen without sidebar.
Sidebar Right - select this option to display single blog layout with right sidebar.
Sidebar Left - select this option to display single blog layout with left sidebar.
If you wish to change the date format on blog posts, navigate to Settings > General > Date Format from your WordPress admin, and select your format of choice.
In this section of the User Guide we will discuss the creation of portfolio items, as well as how to add portfolio lists to your website pages.
To create a new portfolio item, navigate to Portfolio > Add New from your WordPress Dashboard. and enter a title for your portfolio item in the text field near the top of the page.
On the right side of the screen you will see a section named Portfolio Categories. Here you can select the categories that you would like to add this portfolio item to. If you would like to create a new category, click on the + Add New Category link. A text field will appear in which you can enter a category name, and then click Add New Category.
- Spacepress Portfolio Images
This section allows you to upload multiple images at once:
- 1. Click the Upload button
- 2. Fill your gallery with images. You can do this by simply dragging and dropping them into the window. Alternatively, click on Add to Gallery on the left, and select files from your media library to add.
- 3. Once added to the gallery, you can write captions for the images and reorder them by clicking and dragging.
- 4. Click the Update gallery button.
WPBakery Page Builder
In order to activate the WPBakery Page Builder, visual content editor, just click the Backend Editor button, which is located bellow your page title.
All our custom modules are located at the By Spacepress tab:
With the help of the visual tools you can build your content. Just click the plus symbol and add any module you wish. As a result your page will look like this page section:
For basic WPBakery Page Builder usage please refer to the developer's help sections Getting Started
In this section of the User Guide we will discuss the available widgets and widget areas in the theme. Widgets are easy to manage and can be incredibly useful to have on your site.
For Spacepress, we have developed custom widgets and widget areas in order to provide you with even more functionality. You also have the option of creating your own custom sidebars (custom widget areas).
- Spacepress Profile Widget - Use this widget to display information about your blog authors in widget areas.
- Spacepress Heading Widget - Use this widget to easily add a title to a widget area.
- Spacepress Image Widget - Use this widget to easily add images to a widget area.
- Spacepress Social Media - Use this widget to easily add social icons to a widget area.
- Spacepress Post Widget - Use this widget to display a list of your blog posts in a widget area (for example in a sidebar).
- Spacepress Search Widget - Use this widget to easily add search box to a widget area.
- Spacepress Link Widget - Use this widget to easily add a link to a widget area.
- Spacepress Instagram Widget - You can use this widget to display your Instagram feed. This will open your browser and ask for permission to your Instagram feed.
- Sidebar - This is the WordPress default sidebar widget area for blog posts.
- Footer Top Column 1, 2, 3 & 4 - You can use these widget areas to add widgets to the Footer Top columns..
- Footer Bottom - You can use this widget area to add widgets to the Footer Bottom.
In this section we will describe how to install and set up the WooCommerce plugin with Spacepress.
Spacepress comes with WooCommerce integration, which allows you to easily create an online shop. For more information on installing and configuring WooCommerce, please visit this page:
In order to set up WooCommerce with the Spacepress theme, follow these steps:
- 1. Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress Dashboard.
- 2. Type “WooCommerce” in the search field.
- 3. Locate "WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce" in the search results and click on Install Now.
- 4. Once the installation has completed, click on Activate Plugin.
- 5. You will now see a notice saying “Welcome to WooCommerce – You're almost ready to start selling :)". If you plan on importing demo content, click on Skip Setup. Otherwise, click Install Pages.
- 6. See Importing Demo Content in the Getting Started section of this user guide and perform the process explained there.
Contact Form 7
In this section of the User Guide we will discuss how to install the Contact Form 7 plugin and how to add contact forms to your pages.
Spacepress comes with Contact Form 7 integration, making it possible to create contact forms for various purposes.
In order to setup Contact Form 7, please perform the following steps:
- 1. Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress Dashboard.
- 2. Type “Contact Form 7” in the search field.
- 3. Locate "Contact Form 7" in the search results and click on Install Now.
- 4. Once installation is complete, click on Activate Plugin
We always update our themes with new features, bug fixes, and improvements . We strongly recommend you to read this guide before making updates
- Theme Release